- This event has passed.
Wellness – Re-shape Your Story by Embodied Story-sharing
November 14, 2017 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm$15.00
“When we deny our story, it defines us, when we own the story, we can write a brave new ending”, Brené Brown
I would like to invite you to a workshop, in which we will engage in non-verbal, interactive, dynamic and theatre-based techniques, in supportive group setting to:
• Reflect on your practice, your vision, and your interactions with your community,
• Share and listen to stories about blocks and successes in your work and life,
• Gain insight by embodying situations from your story,
• Interact and dialogue with others in the group about issues vital to you,
• Tap into the understanding of what needs to shift in order to transform your practice.
In each session, we will work with the content that you, the participants bring. Thus, it will be 100% relevant to your experiences and needs. Shy to share? No problem. Sharing is voluntary – listening and witnessing someone else’s story is equally valued and transformational.
“If we have compassionate and understanding people who listen to our stories, the shame doesn’t have a chance.” – Brené Brown
In this workshop, I bring body-based techniques from Image Theatre, and weave non-verbal communication with therapeutic elements of story-circles into a transformative mix.
No theatre or story-telling experience necessary. Please wear comfortable clothes for movement.